[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Antonio P. P. Almeida perusio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:15:53 UTC 2009

Getting a proper balance between a topdown vs. a bottom up approach is
never easy. There's surely an issue with the current proliferation of
modules on d.o. But the problem is not the numbers per se, but rather
that each project page has very sparse information about the module
quality.

I agree with Shai, more stats is better. It will help people make a
better decision about which module to choose when there are several
proposing a solution to a given problem. Let the market forces act and
all the distributed knowledge contribute to a better d.o and drupal
ecosystem.

One idea that could improve code quality in contrib would be to have a
code evaluation bot so that when you upload a module it runs it
through Coder Though Love http://drupal.org/project/coder_tough_love
and only after passing the test will be available as a new
release in the project page.

That's for syntax and code style. For the logic let the community sort
it out through their usage of the modules. Better stats and a good UX
will catalyze the process of separating the wheat from the chaff.

--- appa