[development] Move Dev List to groups.drupal.org

larry at garfieldtech.com larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Nov 18 20:38:37 UTC 2009

Put me in the same column.  I loathe forums with a passion.  They are a
horrifically bad interface for pretty much everything other than
"getting indexed by Google".  Ironically, the Drupal project* issue
queues are the forum-type system I despite the least, out of all the
ones I've used.  Despite email architecture itself being a patchwork of
crap (SMTP, POP, IMAP, all with ugly configs and that's before you even
get to spam or filtering or MIME), it's still a much better interface
for most conversations, even those with poor signal to noise ratio, than
any forum software I've seen, Drupal or otherwise.

There's a reason I've never been active in the Drupal forums, only lists
and IRC.

--Larry Garfield