[development] GPL 2 violation by integrationservic.es

larry at garfieldtech.com larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Nov 19 17:06:02 UTC 2009

*sigh*

There is nothing in the GPL that says you cannot sell a module.  The
module author is free to charge $1 million dollars a copy if he wants
to... provided that the code is then licensed to buyers under the GPL,
which means the buyer could redistribute it for free if they felt like
it.  So just charging for a module does not constitute a GPL violation.
  We've been over this, and the dev list is not the place to be
rehashing it.

I've already replied to that effect to the mentioned thread.

--Larry Garfield
Director of Legal Affairs
Drupal Association