[development] Drupal way of doing onchange

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Sun Nov 22 18:47:14 UTC 2009

As long as you don't change form elements, you can use traditional
javascript/jquery.  So it would be OK to hide/show or disable/enable the CVV
field in your example.

If you change them (for example, by adding in a CVV field, or by changing
the options in a select) then form validation will fail. That's the case
where you're forced into AJAX(D7)/AHAH.

If you find you need to do AHAH, there are working examples in the Examples
module (http://drupal.org/project/examples), and there is a tutorial at
http://randyfay.com/ahah, which also has references to other information.

-Randy

--
Randy Fay
Drupal Development, troubleshooting, and debugging
randy at randyfay.com
+1  970.462.7450