[development] creating a new usermanagement things

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Mon Nov 23 17:58:33 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-23, at 12:29 PM, Kees Scherpenhuijzen wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> When using drupal for a site where users can register themself for a
> event; what is the best way to store the data when you have different
> modules to manipulate them?

It sounds like you need to investigate some contrib modules - much of this doesn't require coding at all. Look up CCK, Views, Content Profile, Organic Groups at the least.

I would suggest not using the core Profile module unless your requirements are very simple. Using CCK fields is far more flexible.

--Andrew