[development] Getting SVN to deal with orphaned and new files

larry at garfieldtech.com larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Nov 25 01:38:38 UTC 2009

SVN isn't quite as bad for this as you make it out to be. :-)  You can do:

svn add --force sites/all/modules

and it will recursively add any files under that directory that it
doesn't already know about.  Be careful of ._ files and similar crap
that OS X may create. :-)

That's actually my usual workflow at this point.  Drush dl to grab new
modules, drush update to update a module, followed by the svn command
above and then commit.  It doesn't handle file deletes or major file
reorganization, but those are quite rare.

And I almost never check out a module straight from CVS.  If I want a
dev version, you can tell Drush to get that for you.

--Larry Garfield