[development] Apache restriction for admin interface...

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Oct 2 12:27:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Philip Mather <phil at philipmather.me.uk> wrote:

> <sigh />
> <blush />
>  :^)
>
> I honestly did search high and low for something like that, I thought it was
> odd nobody had already done it.
> Thank you!

I don't know that I would be so quick to blush - that ties you to
Drupal's user system which may or may not be desirable.  The Apache
basic authentication system is well known and well tested.

One benefit to the Apache technique is that you could combine it with
other requirements like "only from certain IP addresses" so that you
know that people who login have the right username, password and IP.

Regardless of whether it is useful in every case - thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers