[development] How to make Require_once refreshable

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Oct 5 15:27:40 UTC 2009

Nancy Wichmann wrote:
> I was trying to track down an issue I am having with the node module's
> content_types.inc so I stuck in some messages. Unfortunately, the menu
> system uses require_once to load these files, so my changes are not working.
> I really don't want to have to reboot every time I do something. Is there
> any quicker way to get PHP to reload these files?

Every time you (or anyone else) visits a Drupal page, Drupal starts up
again from scratch and loads all the files it needs to load. So unless
your page, block, etc. that is triggering the require_once() is
cached, your file should get included on every page load.

You might consider blowing out all the Drupal caches, to make sure
that is not the problem.

    --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com