[development] Form with multiple submit buttons

Steven Jones steven.jones at computerminds.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 21:06:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

When the browser posts the form back to the web server it only sends
the value of the form elements against their respective names. That
is, the following input

<input type="sometype" value="value" id="some-id" name="some-name" />

would be posted back to the server as
some-name = value.

Since buttons are also posted back in the same way there is not way
for Drupal know which button was pressed if they share the same name
and value.

Regards
Steven Jones
ComputerMinds ltd - Perfect Drupal Websites

Phone : 024 7666 7277
Mobile : 07702 131 576
Twitter : darthsteven
http://www.computerminds.co.uk