[development] Distributed Pairprogramming for Drupal

Eike Starkmann eike.starkmann at fu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 15 13:05:41 UTC 2009

Cameron Eagans wrote:
> I was just looking for something like this! I'll be using this very soon
> on another project of mine =D

Great, is it also an Open Source Project? Would be nice if I can help
you with Saros, so that I can find out how you work with it and what has
to be improved in Saros
> As far as Drupal goes, I think that something like this would be
> particularly useful for core in a time like...oh,say....now. With code
> freeze ~38 hours away, efficiency is key to getting the patches from the
> exception list into core. If more than one person is working on a patch,
> it really makes sense to use something like this and have everyone
> looking at the same code at the same time so that it's not a constant
> string of upload to the issue queue, have a minor bug pointed out,
> reroll with bug fixes. Two sets of eyes on any of those patches at any
> one time would be awesome, and I think it would help get them ready to
> be committed.
> -----
Now, that sounds like good scope. Would be great if you give this a try.
Normally people work together with Saros and using Skype or Mumlbe for
voice communication. I would offer you to join this session, to give you
realtime support if something doesn't work out. What do you think about
this?

Greets, Eike

--
Eike Starkmann
This message is part of my Master thesis research. Feel free to contact
christopher.oezbek at fu-berlin.de and stephan.salinger at fu-berlin.de