[development] Developing for Drupal 7

justin randell justin.randell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:37:37 UTC 2009

hi,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM, James Benstead
<james.benstead at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Thanks for this, and for your help on the forums in trying to get DAMP
> working for me - it certainly seems to offer really useful features, so I'll
> persevere with getting it to work on my Mac.

a bit late in the game, but just to throw in another approach.

have you thought about using a linux virtual machine via virtualbox
(or similar)? you can then target the platform (and distro if you need
to) that your code is most likely to run on without regard for your
desktop environment. its also straight forward to share the files from
or to the VM, so you can edit them as if they were local on your
desktop.

if you're interested in any more specifics, i'd be happy to help out.

cheers
justin