[development] translatability of node type information in drupal 6

Audrey Foo aufmy at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 14:36:48 UTC 2009

I am re-rolling or creating a few issues/patches for various contrib modules, that introduces a wrapper function to translate node type information.
For example, in user relationships modulehttp://drupal.org/node/471546
in content profile modulehttp://drupal.org/node/368510
and more.
The issue is that variables should not be translated with the use of the t() function, so one method to allow variables to be translated is with the use of i18n module, as outlined by Nedjo http://drupal.org/node/304002
I am in the process of adding a few more issues/patches, and wanted to touch base with other developers to find out how they handle translating custom data / variables in drupal 6.
ThanksAudrey