[development] Using drupal_execute

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Thu Oct 22 18:18:05 UTC 2009

Ezra B. Gildesgame wrote:

> I'm not sure what your end goal is here (nor how a form would display
> if not as the result of a callback), but it sounds like you may want
> to use drupal_get_form instead. drupal_execute is for submitting form
> values programatically, not displaying the form.
>
> See:
>
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/drupal_get_form/6
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/drupal_execute/6
>
> Best,
> Ezra

I tried drupal_get_form first, with the same result, or lack thereof.
Here's what I'm doing. I have a form that displays as a result of a
callback from an admin menu entry. The form uploads and processes a csv
file. In the submit function of that form, if the validate function
reports that it's unclear from the csv layout which columns are to be
used, I need another form presented from which the user selects the
appropriate columns. So, at that point I want to display another form,
so I called drupal_get_form, which does create the form, but never shows
it. Perhaps it's because I'm still in the submit function of the prior
form...but I was thinking that I need to do the second form before
completely returning from the callback that launched the first one.