[development] CVS Approval Policy: was Re: new features in D6 core?

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Fri Oct 23 21:50:47 UTC 2009

A quick observation here, and feel free to flame this mercilessly [1].

As I see it, the purpose of the review of application should be to
determine whether the applicant will comply with the d.o requirements
regarding licensing, etc -- it should *not* be to judge the merits of
the proposed module.

In this case, and in others I have seen, people have been unnecessarily
hassled during the CVS application process.

As a community, we are shooting ourselves in the foot if we hassle/turn
away developers, especially when we are turning them away for invalid
reasons.

If Andrew hadn't posted to the Dev list, his good idea would not have
had the opportunity to make it into the community. I wonder how many
other good ideas have been lost for the exact same reason.

Cheers,

Bill

[1]. Yes, I know that there are a small number of people triaging a
large number of CVS applications.