[development] tying user and content_profile together in a view or module

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Oct 29 04:57:55 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 11:40:30 pm Jeff Greenberg wrote:
> I'm using content_profile, and need to have an admin user report that
> lists user info including the profile fields. It seems that
> content_profile exposes itself in some templates, but not as a global
> (such as $user) or to views. If I create a user view, I can't get to the
> content_profile node I think, and vice-versa. Any thoughts would be
> appreciated!

From a content profile node, that node's owner is going to be the user for
which it is a profile.

From a user, there is a Relationship handler for the content profile module
that can get you to the corresponding node, from which you can then pull
fields.

Sadly I don't know of a full-on relationship handler from nodes to their
users, which would let you get from an arbitrary node to its owner to that
owner's profile nodes.  But I have been wrong about such things before. :-)

--
Larry Garfield
larry at garfieldtech.com