[development] Block php snippet not failing

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sat Oct 31 21:47:29 UTC 2009

In D6, I have the page url of mypage.com/catalog/16?page=0%2C1

I have the following snipped in the pages section of a block, with the
PHP snippet option chosen:

<?php
if ($_GET['q']) {
   $my_drupal_path = $_GET['q'];
} else { $my_drupal_path = substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 1);
}

if ( stristr($my_drupal_path, 'catalog/16?page=0%2C0') ||
     ((stristr($my_drupal_path, 'catalog/16')) &&
(stristr($my_drupal_path, 'catalog/16?page')===false))
   ) return true;
else return false;
?>

So the idea is that it will be TRUE for /catalog/16  and for
/catalog/16?page=02C0  but not for page=02C1 or greater

When I put the three parts of the if statement (separating both sides of
the && into two statements) in a separate php file and test each, based
on the given URL, the result is FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, which is what it
should be.

That said, the block continues to show on every page. If I force it to
FALSE (comment the IF and just leave return false) the block does not
show. I need another pair of eyes...mine are crossed at this point.