[development] Inserting fields into a form

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Sep 7 03:03:32 UTC 2009

Jerad Bitner wrote:

> Look at '#weight'

Ok, I've changed my hook to include weights for all the fields I'm
adding, as well as adding weights to the existing fields.

The problem I'm having is that when I dump the form at the time of my
hook, the captcha field doesn't exist yet as far as $form is concerned,
but somewhere between my hooking it and the form appearing, the captcha
field is present (the captcha module uses hook_form_alter).  The problem
is that the captcha module is putting its field after the name field,
which is right at the top of the form. If I assign a weight to it in my
hook (keeping in mind the ['captcha'] field doesn't exist yet when I do
that) the captcha doesn't show up at all.

Is there a way I can be the last one to modify the form, so that the
captcha field already exists and I can change its weight?