[development] Get all node fields?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:44:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Nedjo Rogers <nedjo at islandnet.com> wrote:
> Probably the closest we have in Drupal 6 would be calling
> content_fields() and then adding what's returned by
> hook_content_extra_fields() (see some explanation of this hook at
> http://www.lullabot.com/articles/great-pretender-making-your-data-act-field).
> The problem is lots of modules will have added user-editable fields but
> not implemented this CCK hook.

Nedjo nails the problem.  Not everybody implements the CCK hook, so
while I'm currently using the CCK API to get most of the fields, it's
not perfect.

In an ideal world, the node object would have been designed, rather
that grown through accretion.   The fields would be organized and we'd
have an API to handle this.  :-)