[development] Creating recordset displays

Raja Sekharan websweetweb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 12:12:22 UTC 2009

Hi all,

In many applications I create I find myself doing just one thing -
create CRUD interfaces in the admin panel. So far I have been writing
code to generate the list of items and everything.

Is it possible to create a recordset form using any API in drupal?
Here is what I want to do:

I want to generate a list for my entities [for example products]. It
should be very similar to the Gmail inbox - with a checkbox next to
each entry and the ability to sort according to any field. Users
should be able to check a set of items and select a drop down menu to
perform some action. This should be a form of course.

If this isn't possible with the Drupal API out of the box I'd be happy
if you can give me a brief outline of how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

Raj Sekharan

--
“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer
any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert