[development] Translating database fields

Ken Winters kwinters at coalmarch.com
Wed Sep 23 13:10:22 UTC 2009

Hmm, tt() doesn't seem very developer friendly.

If you're developing a module that is translatable, you can't
realistically require i18n, and checking for the module / function in
100 places would be unpleasant (assuming that it is normally used the
same way as t() in the code).

Other than making a wrapper function in the module that passes to tt()
if it exists, do you have any suggestions to make this cleaner?

- Ken Winters