[development] Getting rid of core hacks for drupal upgrade to happen. Need tips on the process.

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Thu Apr 1 15:00:38 UTC 2010

I was just going to write the same thing as Laura. We are in the midst
of a very similar situation and that is exactly what we're doing. The
hacked D5 code base is essentially being ignored, and all work is
being done in D6, from scratch, based on the original requirements.

BTW, can I propose adding a checksum somewhere so Drupal can
self-detect if it's been modified, and then post the offender's
identity to the front page of Drupal.org to ensure they never get work
again? :-)

Unless they had a really good reason... ;-)

All the Best,

Matt Chapman
Ninjitsu Web Development

--
The contents of this message should be assumed to be Confidential, and
may not be disclosed without permission of the sender.