[development] Getting rid of core hacks for drupal upgrade tohappen. Need tips on the process.

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Sun Apr 4 17:14:33 UTC 2010

Dipen,

I'm working on very much the same predicament these days, except it's a
slightly more recent version than 5.2 but with much the same problem
(upgrade to 5.22 then 6). Maybe we could both save some time by working
together on our respective problems with similar scripts/methods, and
possibly come back to the community once we're done on how we did it. ? Feel
free to contact me directly if this is of interest to you.

I'm answering on the dev. list because others might indeed be currently in
the same predicament and we could probably all benefit from pooling our
ideas on such problems, which are likely to become more frequent overall,
since D5 was the first version which saw significant for-hire developments,
most of them likely to have much the same kind of issues. And going out of
support when D7 is released, real soon now :-)

Frederic G. MARAND
OSInet