[development] Site specific modules

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 13:52:31 UTC 2010

If it's a pretty big update then I usually roll out an update module. To
help track the differences I use MySQL Diff on the needed tables, then
go through and figure out what should stay and what should go.

If it's a really big update, then I run a command line script to do a
lot of the changes. I'm getting ready to roll one of these out for a
client in the next couple of weeks and the amount of changes going in
will blow your mind. It takes my CLI script about an hour to run and
update everything, which includes a bunch of grepping on the 40,000
nodes and updating them.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net