[development] theming settings form

Bob Hutchinson hutchlists at midwales.com
Sun Aug 1 13:31:49 UTC 2010

I am attempting to run the settings form at admin/setting/mymodule for one of
my modules through a theme.
I have tried using the same method that works for other forms, ie create a
theme of the same name, register it and render the form in the theme.
This does not work for a system_settings_form. If I try to run it through a
theme explicitly I get a WSOD even though the theme only tries to run the form
through drupal_render().
I have also tried to set $form['#theme'], that had no effect.

Does anyone one know what the 'right' way to theme a system_settings_form is?
TIA