[development] Security Updates

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Fri Aug 6 18:24:51 UTC 2010

It's irresponsible NOT to have an SA issued for security updates.
Everybody makes mistakes there's no reason to be embarrassed for that.
You should be embarrassed for leaving your users vulnerable by not
informing them of the situation. IMO, you'll win more respect by
correcting those mistakes promptly when you realize them, and going
the extra mile to inform your users.

Put another way, wouldn't you rather be the one to report your own
issue than to have someone else report it?

I can assure you that the Drupal Security team is a bunch of nice
people who are eager to help. We won't bite your head off. :-)

All the Best,

Matt Chapman
"Occasional Maker of Mistakes and Recently Recruited Member of the
Drupal Security Team"