[development] "Sudo" Module

James Benstead james.benstead at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:35:42 UTC 2010

I'm very interested in UI design, and mapping the design of Drupal admin
interfaces to pre-existing, long-standing frameworks. I'm currently looking
for a module that allows a "site manager" to quickly switch to and from the
root user of a D6 site - in my mind's eye this module displays a block with
a password field and a submit button; entering the root password and hitting
the button is broadly equivalent to "sudo su" in Unix. Once the user has
root privileges, a click on the "step down" button in the same block returns
them to their saved regular session.

My question: does a module exists that does this, or gets close to this? Or
is it possible to cobble together this functionality by using existing
functionality in already-existing D6 modules?

Thanks,

--Jim
--
My IM and Skype details are at http://state68.com/contact