[development] "Sudo" Module

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Tue Aug 10 21:28:56 UTC 2010

On Aug 9, 2010, at 9:35 AM, James Benstead wrote:
> My question: does a module exists that does this, or gets close to this? Or is it possible to cobble together this functionality by using existing functionality in already-existing D6 modules?

Seems to fit that description, and I didn't see any feature requests in that module's queue either. From my discussions with the author of the current sudo module, the problem seems to be that there is no safe way to ensure that the user is only temporarily using those permissions. There is far too much risk that the user would never be reverted back to their original account, so the sudo module just adds the new roles when loading the user with hook_user depending on the values in the session.

-Mike