[development] Update on DrupalCon Copenhagen Core developer summit

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Aug 12 18:29:16 UTC 2010

Hello World,

Earlier this year, for DrupalCon San Francisco, we introduced the new
concept of the Core developer summit, which reaches back to the
original Drupal developer meetups allowing for planning, problem
solving and coding for Drupal core developers. It makes it possible to
get together in one space to plan ahead and solve problems at hand.

We always keep looking at ways to improve our processes, and for the
summit announced for Drupalcon Copenhagen, we’ve seen less interest in
presenting improvement suggestions and more on looking at how Drupal 7
can be brought forward. So our plan for the Core developer summit in
Copenhagen is twofold: provide a place to plan ahead and hammer some
outstanding issues for Drupal 7 at the same time.

The upcoming summit on 22nd August 2010 will start with kick-off
sessions for these two groups, Dries Buytaert presenting for the
Drupal 7 focus group and Sam Boyer and Jen Simmons presenting about
core and process improvements. Jen talks about making Drupal a better
HTML (5) generating machine, while Sam talks about improving our
revision control account application process, which is the gate to
Drupal contributions. After the kick-off sessions, we’ll break up into
two groups and provide plenty of space to be fruitful and get stuff
done.

If you are interested in planning improvements for our processes and
code and/or getting Drupal 7 released sooner, the core summit is for
you! We are still looking for people to sign up at
http://cph2010.drupal.org/core-developer-summit/register

Gábor Hojtsy (summit coordinator)