[development] How to access a file information from inside a formatter after submitting it?

Madeline Mirzoeff mmirz at mit.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:08:13 UTC 2010

I am creating a drupal cck field that allows you to create an audio
recording and then display that recording immediately. After uploading the
file to the server, I can't seem to figure out how to give the formatter the
name of the file in order to play it back. Is there an easy way to store the
file name with a tag specific to each recording?

Thanks,
Madeline Mirzoeff
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Class of 2012
Department of Mathematics