[development] D7 side effect

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Dec 6 20:08:59 UTC 2010

Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to mint balls about the D7 effort and
the result, for many reasons, not least of which is the amazing talent
represented by it.

That said, I received a letter today from the hoster stating that my
account was a performance problem because it had over 1000 tables. Eight
Drupal sites coud be over 1000 tables.

I have a hosting account with 'unlimited domains' and up to 25
databases. I use the account both for hosting several live domains, most
multi site, as well as a test area that clients can access for testing
changes to existing domains. 8 Drupal sites could be over 1000 tables
with the typical array of add-on modules, let alone that most of these
sites are doing e-commerce.

I've let them know that they might want to consider a more meaningful
indicator of performance issues than a script that counts tables, since
probably none of these sites does more than 100 transactions per day. If
they hold firm, I'll blog (and post here) their name.

Jeff

--

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is a tradename of the computer services division of