[development] Taxonomy Menu Version 3

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Fri Jan 1 12:06:24 UTC 2010

Le jeudi 31 décembre 2009 à 11:02 -0500, Neil Hastings a écrit :
> Please join in the dicussion.
> You can see a screencast of the new UI here.
> I hope to here from all of you!

Happy new year!

I watched your screencast and find the UI very promising. I also joined
the discussion, but did not find how to reply to your proposal.

So I write this email.

I use Taxonomy menu in conjunction to Drupal Ubercart module to build
web stores. In Ubercart, products categories are taxonomy entries.

BUT Ubercart creates special pages.

For example :
http://foo/taxonomy/my_product is the taxonomy entry
And the product will be: http://foo/my_product

So franckly, my only need would be in the "custom path" to be able to
substitute strings, for example by "search" and "replace" so to
remove /taxonomy/ in my URL.

This is probably a very common need for Ubercart users. I will open
today a feature request on Drupal web site. Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel