[development] replacement for $custom_theme in D7

Markus Kalkbrenner markus.kalkbrenner at arcor.de
Fri Jan 15 20:24:16 UTC 2010

Hi!

Today's release of the first alpha version of Drupal 7 motivated me to have a
deeper look at the code in order to start porting ThemeKey to Drupal 7.

I already know that the global variable $custom_theme doesn't exist anymore.
But if I look at the code, some patches that went into Drupal 7 and (most
important) the still pending patches in the issue queue it seems to me that
the corresponding feature in Drupal 7 is not ready yet.

What ThemeKey for Drupal 6 does is to set $custom_theme in it's implementation
of hook_init(). I already have an idea how to do something similar in Drupal
7. But is there a recommended or official way to that?

see http://drupal.org/project/themekey
see http://drupal.org/node/670828

Markus

mkalkbrenner