[development] Simpletest question

Pierre R. pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Tue Jan 26 16:23:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 17:10 +0100, Daniel F. Kudwien wrote:
> 	25    $this->pass('There are '.$row->count.' compounds in
> cpd_compounds');
>
> Should use t() as always, with appropriate placeholders (@count in this
> case).

I don't see the use for t() here. This is pure technical information,
why should they be translated?

Even if they can be, if I use potx (for example) to extract all my
custom module strings, wouldn't it extract those in tests also, if so,
an external, non technician, translator should not have these strings
among the pure end user UI strings.

See http://drupal.org/update/modules/6/7#schema_translation and why do
they stopped translating schema description! I think there is absolutely
no point to translate tests, and my argument is the same as theirs.

Pierre.