[development] Fully patched site hacked and cloaked

Laura pinglaura at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:53:22 UTC 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at Wed 1/27/10 4:45am, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Were you able to determine the attach vector that was used to be able
> to modify bootstrap.inc?

I just saw this performed on a D5 site. Bootstrap.inc was indeed altered, an additional system.php file was inserted in the modules folder, and the pernicious (drug) website files were inserted into the cgi folder *above* the webroot. The code was sniffing passwords. Several files contained nothing but hashes.

I mention this because if we see a pattern across many sites, this entire conversation should move to security reports offline.

Laura