[development] D6 installation profile and configure install form alter

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Mon Jul 19 12:11:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm currently writing a complex installation profile for Drupal 6, I'm
currently stuck at the configure form alteration.

I did a lot of stuff in this form, all is OK, the only restriction is I
added some new fields, and I would like to access them in a submit
handler so I could do some variable_set().

Since this particular hook_form_alter() is totally a fake, I don't know
if the form API will call the potential submit handlers I could add to
it. Documentation on the subject is quite hard to find (I read a lot the
install.php code, and in this particular workflow, it seems quite hard
to override this kind of stuff).

Any ideas, or suggestions?

Pierre.