[development] The "postponed" issue status

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 4 14:08:28 UTC 2010

Derek Wright wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2010, at 3:09 PM, E.J. Zufelt wrote:
>
>> I think a blocked issue status would be helpful,
>
> Perhaps, although I'm concerned about the overwhelming number of choices we already have and ask users to navigate and understand.  There have been multiple bikeshed-of-doom threads about the whole question of issue status names and meanings, for example:
>
> "Reorganise project issue statuses"
> http://drupal.org/node/171350

Correct.  Don't add another one, just make better use of "postponed".

>> especially if the ability to build block relationships was available.  This would allow for the display of all blocking and blocked by issues to be listed for each issue.
>
> Right.  This would be slick, but would require some new plumbing:

But we have the ability already with a tag.  Just add the issue node
number prefixed with a # and surrounded with brackets [] that is
blocking the fix when marking it postponed.

The new plumbing that can be added later would do some markup magic by
providing the node title in the display of the tag similar to the way it
does for the node body.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com