[development] user management in a subdomain environment

Pierre Rineau pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com
Mon Jun 7 12:15:00 UTC 2010

Le mardi 01 juin 2010 à 10:35 -0700, Debra Willrett a écrit :
> How do I restrict user management in a subdomain environment?  For
> example, I don't want a chapter administrator to view and edit all
> chapter members across all chapters, but I do want to give that
> ability to a super admin.  I installed the Role Delegation module, but
> that doesn't restrict viewing the list of all users, it just linits
> roles when new users are created.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
>
> Debra

I'm having difficulties with a custom Domain-like module, most of core
pieces uses the db_rewrite_sql() for node tables but doesn't for the
users table which makes the task quite hard.

For now, my site uses custom views with VBO in order to manage "domain"
users, but it's a solution I'm not fond of.

Pierre.