[development] Problem with hook_form_alter: Cannot unset string offsets

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Jun 28 15:19:19 UTC 2010

Well, that's an interesting point, and negates my previous comment.
Since I'm starting with $form[$var] = array(   I won't have any
artifacts from the original field, will I? So wouldn't the field then be
composed of only those two parameters, #type and #value? That should be
all it needs. Changed it to 'value' from 'hidden', unfortunately there
was no side benefit of correcting it.

When I change it from $form[$var] = array(   to $form[$var]['#type'] =
etc.   I no longer get the from, but get the error Only variables can be
passed by reference

Jeff