[development] Calendar views filter issue

Karyn Cassio karyn at karyncassio.com
Wed Mar 10 21:32:34 UTC 2010

Oh, so sorry, my bad, it just so happens I work with some amazing
developers, and Adam Gregory helped me find the solution at work.

To fix this, you need to make sure that the filters set on your main
view display, and your filters on your attachment are identical. (Not
necessarily titles, etc.) But definitely parameters, such as fields you
are filtering on, and values, etc. This will help them match up. So,
inheritance in this case doesn't work exactly as you would expect.

By default, all calendar view filters are set the same, I had
over-written many of the values in different views, instead of carrying
the default display through the view. After matching taxonomy, the
exposed taxonomy filters worked. For exposed date filters I had to use
hook_views_query_alter, to alter the date query a bit depending on
whether the page used the date navigation or the exposed filter.

I sure hope this helps, it certainly helped me.

Karyn