[development] How to pass form values to page that actually does something.

Alex Bronstein alex at craftyspace.com
Mon May 10 16:52:27 UTC 2010

I like your option A. You can either store the SQL query string, or be a
little more like the search module and store the relevant portion of
$form_state['values'], and allow the code in the redirect page to build
the query from that.

In either case, you can make the query_id or input_id be the md5() of
what you're storing. That way, multiple submissions with the same
options (whether from the same person or from different people) don't
flood the table with essentially duplicate records. And it allows the
page to be more effectively page cached (i.e., a particular set of
options always results in the same URL of the redirect page).

Alex.