[development] core user_login customization -- getting breakout theming AND custom validator working at the same time?

Ben DJ bendj095124367913213465 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 03:35:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Lee Rowlands
<leerowlands at rowlands-bcs.com> wrote:
> Yes but the XSS, CSRF, session mgmt, user mgmt, permission mgmt and so
> on and so on benefits make it worth the time.

> Yes but see previous point, getting 'this' with 'those' features done
> properly is not trivial

i was , of course, NOT suggesting that one should build said solution
in Assembler ;-)  There are _plenty_ of robust frameworks out there
that provide the "deep end" as cleanly as, or arguably more so, than
Drupal.  again, yes, there are interesting downstream benefits to be
had ...

> Well in general with custom requirements you can have it now or you can have
> it free, but rarely both

Heh, sure.  Shame, though, a simple user login workflow is so "custom".

I'm just ... amused ... by the 'sales pitch':

"Hi.  Let me be short with &/or rude to you.  But if you'd like to pay
me to work with you, I'm sure you'll find me cuddly and a joy to work
with!"

;-D

Ben