[development] transparent upload from client to server

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 17:41:26 UTC 2010

If you wrote the Flash editor yourself then you can do this using the
Bitmap, BitmapData and urlLoader classes. Basically you are going to
take the stage objects of your interface and create a bitmap inside of
Actionscript with it using the Bitmap class and draw() method. You then
use the urlLoader to submit the data to Drupal via a normal post with
file upload.

The only thing you got to watch is user authentication between Drupal
and Flash. Flash won't read the user's session cookies, so it's
generally best to pass it in via a FlashVar or use some custom salting
method to pass the data in for added security.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net