[development] Moving working Drupal environment to another web-hosting server

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 05:47:41 UTC 2010

Hi All
Let me first thank you all for providing such a great platform Drupal.
I am quite new to Drupal environment. With the given documenttaion I was
able to get Drupal up and running.

I have few questions as below.

1. Now I am gooing to develop complete site in my local machine.
Basically I am going to make a site, where site visitors can upload their
resumes.

In the process of development, I might use panels, blocks, views etc.
I may add contents to different pages and customize it as per my need.

Once all development is done, I plan to move my site to a proper web hosting
machine.
Is it possible to move a working Drupal based environment to new web hosting
platform?

My worry is, in the process of developemnt, Drupal might have used local
machine database
to store any informations, once we move the environment to new web hosting
m/c, will it
not loose those informations?

Can somebody guide me, is it possible to move localy developed Drupal
environment to a new web hosting machine.
If possible, please explain and provide link to related documentation.

Regards
Kamal