[development] Multisite risks (formerly multisite complication)

Cameron Eagans cweagans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 22:58:50 UTC 2010

In any case, multisite is a good thing, I think. Updates are a piece of
cake, but you should keep two codebases around. Put all of your multisites
on codebase A and let them run for a while. When updates are available, pull
the updates down on codebase B and move your site directories over one by
one and run update.php. It's a good process, and it's easily scriptable. It
also happens to be the same process that Aegir uses (more or less).

Thanks,
Cameron