[development] Protecting URLS From Path

David Metzler metzler.dl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 01:24:25 UTC 2010

I maintain an SSO module that has an alternate login path (cas instead of user/login).  I recently got a post asking if there was a way for me to programmatically protect it from being overridden.

A user had created a page describing the single sign on process and given it the same URL as my menu_hook was registered, thus overriding the behavior provided by my module.

So I thought I'd ask.  Anyone know of a way for me to ensure that other menu paths (specifically aliases) cannot override the one provided by my module?

Dave