[development] Drupal 7 API Change notification: Four small-ish changes

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Sun Oct 3 17:12:06 UTC 2010

> I don't understand this. breadcrumbs have always been messed
> up for MENU_CALLBACK items, but so here's the question: How
> do you get items to appear in the breadcrumb trail without
> making them MENU_NORMAL_ITEM and having them appear in navigation?

The difference is that MENU_CALLBACK items are really just invisible
callbacks now; i.e., plain router items, not having any kind of menu link.

For edge-cases like the given example, in which you have a router path that
does not contain any dynamic path argument placeholder (%), you want to use
'type' => MENU_VISIBLE_IN_BREADCRUMB.

We actually discussed whether we need a new constant, but since a new
constant would be identical to MENU_VISIBLE_IN_BREADCRUMB, it would just
have another name.

sun