[development] module names and namespaces

John Fiala jcfiala at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 05:13:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Dave Cohen <drupal at dave-cohen.com> wrote:
> Yeah, don't get me wrong.  I'm not _trying_ to break fb_social or any other module.  But I did by accident.  :)
>
> And I might break future fb_... modules if I don't know they exist.  Within modules/fb/ there are a number of modules named fb_something, and I'll create new ones as needed.
>
> -Dave

As an off-the-cuff suggestion, you could start renaming things
fb_core_... instead of fb_..., and make it very clear to folks that
fb_core is being adopted as the namespace for the module.  That way
the only way you'll step on someone is if they create an fb_core
module, which would be foolhardy if they already know about the fb
module and how it works.

--
John Fiala
www.jcfiala.net