[development] Refresh rather than re-create D6 cache

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon Oct 18 16:44:51 UTC 2010

On 10/18/2010 8:25 AM, Pierre Rineau wrote:
> hook_flush_caches() function description is quite clear on api.d.o, it
> specifies that this hook should just return cache table names.

It is, but the current documentation does not match the name of the
hook. My belief is that the evolution of this hook happened late in one
of the cycles and it got changed to suit what was needed at that very
moment, rather than being done properly.

> By the way, I just read CTools code, and the test with the cron
> semaphore is ugly, but this is well done! :D

I completely agree. Ugly but the only solution we could come up with. It
took months to really understand how badly we were getting screwed with
that.