[development] Hooking views_data_alter

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sat Oct 30 03:53:50 UTC 2010

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, I'm going to attack my
issue from a slightly different direction.

When I look at the D6 version of CCK, in its views.inc file, it creates
a field with three main content sections:
myfield[field], myfield[filter] and myfield[argument]

This makes total sense to me, given that 3 of the 4 places a field is
used in the views UI are as a field, argument or filter. There's also
reference, but that's a bit different.

My issue is that when I have hook_views_data_alter(&$data), the $data
array has my field as
myfield[table], myfield[filter] and myfield[argument] ---- no [field]
section to be seen...or altered.

Sooo... I wonder momentarily if the [field] section needs to be created,
rather than altered. But then I wonder why that would be...why it would
not have a [field] section to start, and I remember that if I do nothing
with this field at all, it does display in the view when selected as a
field, and then I go for a walk with the dog.

Jeff