[development] Importing CCK content types during module installation

Stefan Borchert stefan at borchert.cc
Tue Sep 7 11:19:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 07:10:40 -0400, "E.J. Zufelt" <lists at zufelt.ca> wrote:
> Good morning,

Hi.

> I am looking for a method of importing CCK content types during module
> installation.  From what I have read this seems difficult, or perhaps
> impossible?  Any nudge in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

If you use the Features module (http://drupal.org/project/features) you can
create
the content type on a test site and export it using Features and cTools.
With this exported Feature you have a module that creates exactly this
content type
during installation.
Additionally you can export variables and lots of other settings with
Features.

hth,

Stefan